As your dentist and general doctor will tell you, any kind of tobacco product is harmful to your health. As you can see in the video, hookah is not excluded from the list of harmful products.
Hookah has become popular among younger people who believe it is less harmful than regular smoking products. Hookah smokers might be surprised to know that one hookah smoking session can carry the equivalent of smoking 100 cigarettes. The same can go for e-cigarettes and vapor smoking, which are all as harmful as hookah to your dental and overall health.
University Associates in Dentistry believe every patient deserves to be happy and healthy. Call us at (312) 704-5511 to schedule a dental consultation in Chicago . Our dentists can gladly help you decide on teeth bonding, teeth whitening, and veneers, if needed.
Toothpaste has been around for over 2,500 years, dating all the way back to China and India. This fact, and many more, has played an important role in how modern dentists treat their patients. Modern dentistry can only be learned and improved by embracing the dentistry practices of the ancient past. Continue reading for a brief look into Ancient Chinese dentistry practices.
- 2700 BC—Ancient Chinese dentists used acupuncture as part of their tooth decay treatment.
- 500 BC—Chinese and Indians used toothpaste.
- AD 200—Arsenic was used to treat tooth decay, most likely meant to kill the tooth pulp and relieve toothache pain.
- AD 659—Li Shih-Chen formulated a silver and mercury mixture that was used for fillings.
- AD 1490s—Coarse hog hair was attached to a bone or bamboo handle, and the common toothbrush was invented.
You won’t find hog hair and bamboo toothbrushes, but you will find some exceptional general dentists near Chicago when you call University Associates in Dentistry. We are here for our patients, whether they need veneers, teeth implants, or sports dentistry services. Call us at (312) 704-5511 or visit us online to schedule your complimentary consultation.
- Dental History
- Gum Disease
- Dental Implants
- Dental Health
- Teeth Whitening
- Sleep Apnea
- Bad Breath
- Dental Veneers
- Sports Dentistry
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Crowns
- Tooth Loss
- CT Scans
- DEXIS CariVu